People normally know about aspirin as a medicine. Their knowledge is that Aspirin is used to treat headache, fever or body ache. But did you know that aspirin is also used as a good input for treating many skin problems? Amazing, isn’t it? Yes, Aspirin is a common over the counter (OTC) pain reliever which has other wonderful uses too – which you probably don’t know about. Naturally you would be interested to know how to use aspirin for beauty issues.
Bonus in this article: we also share with you 2 Minute Ritual to Remove Dangerous Belly Fat
Unique Properties Of Aspirin
Before going to the topic let us know about the unique properties of aspirin for treating your beauty problems.
- Aspirin contains acetylsalicylic acid. It is a crystalline compound derived from salicylic acid. This is capable of cleansing clogged pores of skin and thus it reduces the risk of forming acne on the skin. Proper use of Aspirin unclogs the skin pores and thus stimulates the renewal of cells.
- Application of aspirin exfoliates the skin to remove dead cells, dirt and other impurities to prevent many skin problems.
- It has an anti-inflammatory property that reduces the pain or swelling or puffiness on the affected skin area.
- Aspirin beta hydroxy acid (BHA) that helps to soothe the skin to reduce itching, irritation, and redness on the affected skin.
- This medicine slows down the aging by reducing wrinkles and sagging skin. Collagen helps to make the skin smooth and elastic by boosting the skin structure with its anti-inflammatory properties.
Now let’s have a see how to use aspirin for treating some beauty problems.
How To Use Aspirin For Beauty Issues
Could you ever imagine that Aspirin, a commonly used medicine used for getting pain relief and reducing fever, can also be a good remedy for skin problems? Surprised? Yes, not many know that Aspiring also aids in enhancing the beauty.
Let us see a few of the applications of Aspirin for beauty treatments.
You may also like to refer to: Natural Skincare Solutions That Are Good For You And The Environment
1. Aspirin for Acne Treatment
Aspirin does more than just alleviate body ailments. It has properties to reduce swelling, unclog pores, and even soften the skin. Over-the-counter acne treatments use willow bark from willow tree due to its antiseptic, anti-inflammatory properties that help treat pimples.
Since aspirin unclogs the skin and exfoliates to remove dead cells, bacteria and other toxins causing acne, Aspirin effectively reduces the swelling, redness, pain and irritation. This is due to the salicylic acid content of Aspirin. It also reduces the acne scars and other skin discoloration.
- Crush 4 to 5 aspirin tablets to a fine powder and put it in a bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt (or honey or water or aloe vera gel) to it.
- Mix well to make a fine paste and apply it on the acne or affected skin areas.
- Let it sit for few minutes and for it to get dry. After that rinse off with water.
- Pat with a tissue and dry the skin gently.
- Repeat it twice daily till you get relief from acne.
Note: Also, this process is used to clear acne scars or blemishes from your skin. Or mix a little water in 1 crushed aspirin tablet till it forms a thick paste. Apply this paste as a spot treatment for pimples or zits.
Also please see: Homemade Remedies for Pimples
2. Aspirin to Remove Callus
A callus is generally a toughened or hardened part of the skin or soft tissue that has been subjected to repeated friction or pressure. It is an obnoxious spot that appears near the heels of the feet. The salicylic acid present in aspirin exfoliates the skin and softens the callus and helps to remove it easily.
- Crush 4 to 5 aspirin tablets to a fine powder and mix one table spoon of fresh lemon juice in it.
- Mix well to make a fine paste and apply it on the callus.
- For better and faster results, wrap your foot in a plastic bag and
- Leave it like this for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Then remove the foot wrap and rub the callus affected feet with a pumice stone.
- Repeat this process twice a day, till you get rid of callus on your body.
3. Aspirin For Relief From Dandruff In Hair
Dandruff is a problem which probably every third or fourth person has one time or other. It is condition of the scalp where the dead skin cells fall off in the form of white flakes.
The active ingredient in aspirin, acetyl salicylic acid, a synthetic derivative of the salicin compound, naturally occurs in plants, specifically the willow tree, according to the Aspirin Foundation. The salicylic acid in aspirin can help clear anything that is in the hair follicle or pore.
Salicylates in Aspirin is also an active ingredient in most of the medicated shampoos used for clearing off dandruff.
To get relief from Dandruff, you may also like to try the following:
- Pound 2 uncoated aspirin tablets into a fine powder.
- Add 1 tablespoon of shampoo (fragrance-free or dye – free shampoo) to it.
- Mix well and use this shampoo mixture in your hair by exfoliating the scalp.
- This will remove the layer of dead skin causing dandruff.
- Finally, rinse your hair with water.
- Continue shampooing your hair regularly with these aspirin based mixture.
Note: For treating your itchy scalp, do a final rinse by mixing equal quantities of apple cider vinegar and water, which helps to balance your pH levels of the scalp and relieves you from itching.S
4. Aspirin As Hair Color Booster
Regular swimming too can make your hair dull and blonde because of its chlorinated water. To prevent such damage to hair, you can use aspirin. It helps to remove chlorine discoloration from your hair locks.
- Crush 8 to 10 aspirin tablets into a fine powder and dissolve in a bowl of warm water.
- Soak your hair strands in this water for about 15 – 20 minutes.
- After that, rinse your hair with a good shampoo and conditioner.
- Repeat it often till you get complete relief from the problem.
5. Aspirin As Facial Toner
Interestingly, aspirin also acts as a facial toner that tones your face to reduce puffiness and discoloration. Aspirin has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that soothe the skin and protect it from infections.
- Dissolve 8 – 10 crushed aspirin tablets in 1/2 cup each of apple cider vinegar and water.
- Mix well and pour this mixture into a mist bottle.
- Clean and dry your face and spray it on all over your face.
- Wait for 10 – 12 minutes and rinse off with warm water.
- Dry your face and refrigerate the remaining toner for future usage.
- Repeat the same process regularly to get relief from many skin problems like clogged skin, puffiness, discoloration of the skin, etc.
You may also like to read: Natural Beauty Products from Kitchen
6. Aspiring to Deep Clean Pores
Aspirin can be used as an exfoliant to scrub away all the dust, excess oil and dead cells from the skin. It cleanses the pores of the skin deeply and gets relief from acne and scars and also to rejuvenate the skin.
- Crush 3 or 4 aspirin tablets and mix it with a little water to make a thick paste.
- Add to this 1 tablespoon of raw honey and mix well.
- Use this mixture to scrub your face, let it rest for a few minutes and rinse off with water.
- Pat dry your skin and repeat it often to cleanse the facial pores deeply.
Note: Alternatively mix 4 to 5 crushed aspirin tablets with a little plain yogurt, a few drops of honey and lemon juice. Stir well all the ingredients and use this mixture to scrub your face for better exfoliating results.
7. Use of Aspiring for Radiant and Flawless Skin
Flawless skin contributes to radiant look and it is a dream of everyone to have spotless skin. Did you know that aspirin can help you to achieve that dream?
Try this face mask on a regular basis to get flawless skin.
- Mix 5 crushed aspirin tablets with just a little of lukewarm water till it forms a smooth paste.
- Then add some plain yogurt, stir well to make a smooth paste.
- Apply a thin layer of this paste as mask over your face.
- Wait for few minutes to let it dry and rinse off with water by massaging gently with your fingers.
- Repeat the process regularly till you get the radiant skin.
Note: Alternatively dissolve 7 to 8 aspirin tablets in some green tea. Also add a few drops each of sweet almond oil and honey. Mix well and apply it on your face and neck. Rinse off with water after 15 minutes for a young and flawless skin.
Some More Tips
- Aspirin increases the blood flow to the affected skin’s surface and reduces the appearance of marks caused due to hickeys. You may dissolve 2 un-coated aspirin pills in 1/2 cup of water and apply this paste on the hickeys.
- Aspirin also prevents cancer or heart strokes, if used regularly but be sure to consult your doctor before using to know about your health properly.
- It soothes the stings or bites with its anti-inflammatory property. Just dampen an uncoated aspirin and apply this paste on the affected area to get rid of the problem.
- Avoid over usage of aspirin tablets, as it may burn the skin and cause irritation.
- Before using Aspiring check if you’re allergic to aspirin or not before by doing a skin patch test.
- Consult your doctor if you didn’t find any relief from the problem or if it worsens due to the over usage of as aspirin.
Use aspirin in these amazing ways to get the beauty benefits from. If you know of any other ways of using aspirin for treating beauty problems, then share with us in the comments box below.
Simple 2 Minute Ritual To Remove Dangerous Belly Fat
If you want to know more: Click here now
Disclaimer and Precaution
Please do consult your medical doctor before you start a new diet / workout or exercise routine, especially if you have not done any exercises for a long time or have injuries or health conditions or are taking to exercising after a long gap.
You may also like to read related articles:
- How to Look Beautiful and Attractive
- How to Lose Weight Fast and Easy Weight Loss Tips
- Top Benefits of Wheatgrass for Skin, Hair and Health